Sunday, February 11, 2007

Irresponsible huntrs

I remember that woman calling me. The hunters got by with shooting her dog, because thay said it looked like a coyote and it was chasing THEIR deer. The dog was all white. She asked them how they could mistake her beloved, white dog for a coyote. They said there were lots of white coyotes. She called to ask me if that were true. I told her that I have worked with coyotes for many years and had never seen or even heard of a white coyote. I felt so sorry for her. She had watched her beloved companion die and then had to face the lying, hunters on her own. I bet they got away with it. Hunters and trappers seem to have a blank check to do what they want. Now the DNR wants to go into our schools to teach these same behaviors to the up and coming next generation.
I just remembered. They shot her dog twice. The first time, it ran for home. The hunters weren't satisfied with the one shot. They had to shoot the dog again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is an article about this in the Post Tribune today (Monday) - lots of details missing from the story. Why is this guy's hunting license not pulled? Guess we need to find out.